2. What technology did the Spanish possess when they arrived in 1519 and how did it contribute to their dominance of the Aztec civilization?
1. How did disease play a role in the Aztec conquest?
6. How did the contrasting worldviews of the Spanish and Aztec affect the conflict?
3. How did the religion of each group affect their interaction?
7. How did Aztec innovation differ from Spanish innovation?
4. What symbols would you choose to represent the Spanish civilization? The Aztec? How are they different or similar?
5. How did Aztec religious architecture compare to Spanish religious architecture?
We have considered what the Aztecs valued.
What do we value the most?
As a classroom?
As a nation?
As a species?
What evidence do we have to suggest that we value these things?
Is there a discrepancy between what we claim we value and what the evidence suggests we value?
How have our values changed over time?
What affects how our values change?
What do you think we as a society should value? Why?
If you haven't handed me a physical copy of your March/April quickwrite, or your second (or final) draft of your Aztec Diary Entry, you need to get it in ASAP.
Please share documents to my Google email. My username is krtempest (@ the same suffix as yours).